Friday, June 12, 2009

The Battle Begineth Again

I am health conscious. By conscious, I mean I am aware of my current condition, and not necessarily that I am where I want to be in terms of fitness, bodyfat, etc. I am aware I am not 7% bodyfat, and able to run a 6 minute mile without collapsing. I am aware that the beer I have been consuming the last couple of months has degraded my performance to pre-Crossfit levels. I know that I have not been eating as healthy as I prefer in the last few months. I know I want to change all that again.

There are a million and a half excuses for me not being where I want to be, but I don't need to list them. Life has a way of getting in the way of your goals sometimes, and I tend to lose motivation when not in a regular routine. My life has been out of the routine for various important reasons the last few months, and I am working on getting back into one. I just need a warm-up period instead of jumping ass over face into the deep end without water. If I were to try to jump into crossfit programming again now, I would knowingly injure myself, just as a recovering heroin addict overdoses after a stint in rehab. I would take too much too much. I know this because it is in my Macho type A retarded maleness. I am manging the risk by starting out slow. It Sucks. I want to breath fire, and spit brimstone.

I decided last night to forgo my usual post-flight beer in lieu of a workout. This isn't in a normal pattern, but i am fighting through it. The workout was as follows:

WARMUP:
Single-under speed rope/ speed skip -- One minute
50 airsquats
25 push-ups
Samson Stretch X3

note: I opted to not include squats in my workout do to the giant cramps induced by the 50 in the warmup. I am out of shape, and it made me angry.

WORKOUT:
50 Double Unders
50 Push-ups
25 Double Unders
25 Push-ups
15 Double Unders
15 Push-ups
10 Double Unders
10 Push-ups

Sorta for time... Meaning: I didn't want to see how much of a fat lazy drunk piece of monkey dung i had become.

POST WORKOUT:
Chair Bridge hold for as long as possible -- ended up being almost 2 minutes or so. There again, no timer.

This shit knocked me down, and it was almost a warm-up for where I was 2 months ago. I was disappointed, but it felt good to get my heart beating like a Slipknot drum part again. I have a plan for this evening as well. I need to work in some time for some serious stretching as well. The plan for this evening is STRESS RELIEF. I'm talking some heavy as yo' momma deadlifts! I want to go pick up a Volkswagen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What YOU Think.