Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy, But Catching the Moments That Matter


A good friend of mine reffered to my visits to Ohio as "a Whirlwind of [New Renaissance]" and I have to concur. My life is a whirlwind. I'm never in the same spot for longer than a few days, it seems; and I always have somewhere to be or someone to see when I'm there. Excluding work, where I am obligated to be within a stone's throw away from my helicopter. I cannot leave to go anywhere else, and my family doesn't come along. I cherish the small moments of time I have with my young daughter. I don't have enough of them, it seems. I could spend all day, every day with her, but that's not how life works. I am just glad to not have to worry about deployments any longer than a few weeks anymore. It's tough enough leaving for a 2 week shift and coming back to a bigger, stronger, smarter, and faster little thing crawling at my ankles. She is pulling up, has teeth, and can walk if i hold her hands. Pretty soon she'll be sprinting to meet me at the airport when i come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let Me Know What YOU Think.